[PyQt] Re: [PyKDE] KConfigSkeleton/KConfigDialog combo not working

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Mar 27 23:08:10 GMT 2008

On Thursday 27 March 2008 08:32, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm having trouble porting my PyKDE3 KConfigSkeleton/KConfigDialog: it
> behaves weird in KDE4.
>
> I'm attaching a very small sample program. The weird behavior I'm
> observing is:
>
>   (a) on the first run, when no testrc file exists under ~/.kde, the
>       value of MyOption is correctly set to False, but when I click on
>       the Preferences button, the checkbox is checked (instead of not
>       checked, at it'd correspond)
>
>   (b) so I change in the dialog the value to True, when closing the
>       dialog the LineEdit updates accordingly, and the option is written
>       as "true" to the testrc file, but when I restart the program, it
>       is set to False again
>
> Can you reproduce? Is there something wrong with my code? (With KDE 3 it
> worked just fine).
>
> Thanks in advance,

If you add some print statements you can see what's happening, but not why -
haven't figured that out yet.

In Preferences.__init__(), the value is False after both the addItemBool and
readConfig() calls. But on return from the Preferences() call in the main
window __init__, the value is True. Obviously , that's not right.

Otherwise, I'm still looking into it.

Jim