[PyQt] KAboutData() broken when using PyQt 4.4

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Sun Jun 15 10:31:24 BST 2008

* Jim Bublitz [Sat, 14 Jun 2008 14:00:27 -0700]:

> It works here with Qt 4.3/PyQt 4.3.3/sip 4.7.4/KDE 4.0.2/PyKDE 4.0.2.

Right, it is without doubt related to PyQt, because upgrading that is
what caused the problem. This is my last *working* state:

  sip - 4.7.6
  Qt  - 4.4.0
  PyQt - 4.3.3 <-- note this
  KDE  - 4.0.80
  PyKDE4 - 4.0.2 (from Riverbank)

If I upgrade PyQt to 4.4.2, things stop working. Also note how running
PyQt 4.3 against Qt 4.4 works, and PyKDE4 against KDE 4.0.80 too.

> I doubt there's been a change in KDE (you don't indicate a version), so it's
> likely there's some change in sip or PyQt that's causing the problem. I'll
> have to upgrade to troubleshoot it, and that may take me a while to get to.

So, Jim, sounds like a change in PyQt, yes. No idea if this could be
related to the fix Simon mentions or not.

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

He who has not a good memory should never take upon himself the trade of lying.
                -- Michel de Montaigne