[PyQt] KAboutData() broken when using PyQt 4.4

Christoph Burgmer chrislb at gmx.de
Sat Jun 14 20:09:49 BST 2008

Am Samstag, 14. Juni 2008 schrieb Jim Bublitz:
> On Friday 13 June 2008 08:19, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> > * Jim Bublitz [Fri, 13 Jun 2008 07:50:31 -0700]:
> > > PyKDE3 or PyKDE4?
> >
> > Er, PyKDE4 (since I said I was using PyQt 4.4...)
>
> But you're trying to use KDE3 syntax.
>
> There is no KAboutData ctor that takes only a char string (or QString).
> Look at the PyKDE4 docs or:
>
> http://api.kde.org/4.0-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdecore/html/classKAboutData.htm
>
> There are examples in PyKDE4 that demonstrate KAboutData (in fact every
> example uses KAboutData)

Jim, I believe Adeodato knows about this.

Here's my stacktrace:

christoph at chrislbMobile:$ ./myapp
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./myapp", line 838, in <module>
    main()
  File "./myapp", line 803, in main
    license, copyright, text, homePage, bugEmail)
TypeError: argument 1 of KAboutData() has an invalid type

This code generates the problem:

def main():
    appName     = "myapp"
    catalog     = ""
    programName = ki18n("myapp")
    version     = "0.1alpha"
    description = ki18n("A simple ...")
    license     = KAboutData.License_GPL
    copyright   = ki18n("(c) 2008 Christoph Burgmer")
    text        = ki18n("myapp is a simple ...")
    homePage    = __url__
    bugEmail    = "chrislb at gmx.de"

    aboutData = KAboutData(appName, catalog, programName, version,
description,
        license, copyright, text, homePage, bugEmail)

Does that help?
Btw, I'm using Python2.5

Chris