[PyQt] RAD with PyQt?

Aaron Digulla digulla at hepe.com
Wed Jun 11 16:56:58 BST 2008

Hello,

I was wondering: Is there a Rapid Application Development framework to
quickly write apps with PyQt?

Specifically, I'm looking for these features:

- Connect model fields (properties) to UI elements (for example,
string fields to text editors or to combo boxes).
- Connect a python list to a QListView including the standard editor
(add, move up/down, delete) including a mapper to convert the objects
in the list strings for display in the view.
- Same for QTableView (this time, the converter must return strings
per column).
- Quickly assemble UI views from basic building blocks (like
master/detail views).
- Automatic undo support (including moving of the focus)

These are all standard plumbing; yet, I haven't seen or heard of a
framework that supports these basic tasks so I can concentrate on the
app logic.

Regards,

http://www.pdark.de/