[PyQt] newbie questions...

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Aug 13 06:43:22 BST 2008

On 12.08.08 20:35:32, Chris Withers wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>>> - how come PyQt4 isn't on PyPI? (Nowadays I'm used to just specifying
>>>  packages as egg requirements in a buildout.cfg
>>> (http://buildout.zope.org/) but I guess I can't do that with PyQt4?)
>>
>> Because so far there's little interest in that I think, plus PyQt4
>> doesn't use distutils/setuptools and hence one would need to change the
>> buildsystem first probably.
>
> Hmm, I meant to ask this in my reply to Phil, but I guess it makes sense
> here...
>
> So, given all this:
>
> - how do I install PyQt4 and any dependencies it has as someone who
> wants to develop some guis for apps I have?

Get it from your distribution under linux or use the ready-made
installer from Phil for windows. I don't know what the state on MacOSX
is. In worst case you're fetching sip+pyqt4 from riverbankcomputing and
build them one after the other. There are no other deps, except Qt/C++
itself.

> - How do I package an app up that uses PyQt4 as a double-click-installer
> for non-technical users?

Same as the first thing above: They should use the PyQt4 installer from
Phil or distro packages and then just execute your python script.

Andreas

--
You get along very well with everyone except animals and people.