[PyQt] Updated PyQt Release Plans

Aaron Digulla digulla at hepe.com
Wed Apr 30 16:59:20 BST 2008

Quoting Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com>:

> As Qt v4.4 has been released a little earlier than I was expecting I'm
> dropping plans for a PyQt v4.3.4 release.
>
> The current snapshot has been updated for the final Qt v4.4. I need to finish
> the new support for QMetaObject.invokeMethod() and expect to release PyQt
> v4.4 in a week or two.
>
> Now would be a good time to check for any regressions...
>
> ...and now would be a good time to let me know of anything else that
>  should go
> into the release.

I'd like to request a debug mode which works along these lines:

- For everything derived from QObject, connect to the dispose signal.
At this time, save a stack trace and a pointer to the Python handle
associated with the QObject
- When the signal is emitted, make sure that the usage count of the
corresponding Python object is 0, too. If it isn't, print the saved
stack trace and a new one saying that the usage count between Python
and C++ is out of sync.

For the installation, the debug versions of the libraries should go
into special directories so I can put them in the PATH (Windows) or
the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (Linux) to select them when my code behaves odd.

Regards,

http://www.pdark.de/