[PyQt] Eric4 on Ubuntu - file opening issue (FIXED)

Neil Wallace rowinggolfer at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 23 22:40:55 BST 2008

Hi all,

This may be unique to my setup, but maybe this will be of use to others,
so I'll share.
I found that Eric4 was baulking when I tried to open a file such as
"/home/neil/prog/my\ gui.py", whether via a launcher or from the command
line i.e. $eric4 /home/neil/prog/my\ gui.py

The problem was that the arguments got hashed up, and Eric assumed I was
to edit 2 files "/home/neil/prog/my" and "gui.py" , neither of which
exist of course.

Anyway, the problem was in the shell script /usr/local/bin/eric4
I changed the following line
exec "/usr/bin/python" "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/eric4/eric4.py" $*
exec "/usr/bin/python" "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/eric4/eric4.py"
"$*"

(quotes around $*)

Regards

Neil.