[PyQt] Problem linking PyQt 4.3.3 on OS X 10.4]

Darryl Wallace darryl.wallace at prosensus.ca
Thu Apr 10 19:41:27 BST 2008

Hello Dylan,

I had a similar error with QtOpenGL.so when compiling PyQt4 on the OSX.
This occured while running 'make' and I had to go into the folder
/QtOpenGL and edit the MakeFile.

I had to find the line that started with LFLAG and add "-flat_namespace
-undefined suppress"   at the end (without the quotes).

Perhaps this will work when the error is on QtCore.so.  I don't remember
the cause of this problem, however.

The tip was found on this blog giving a brief tutorial on building Qt4
and PyQt on Mac OSX:
http://phanatic.hu/archives/2007/11/building-qt-4-and-pyqt-on-mac-os-x-leopard/

There is a comment near the bottom by someone named "Dexter" who gives
the above solution.

Did you install Qt4 from the .dmg package?

Darryl