[PyQt] Re: How to set some attributes to the Application Window

"Gustavo A. Dí­az" gustavo.diaz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 02:28:46 BST 2007

Hi David, Glad to see one response!! at least a "I don't know how to do
it will be enough for me... and for every user who post something in
this list....

Now, I was digging a little on
http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/1.3/ar01s05.html which
correspond setting properties to the X desktop, which for sure will be
python-xlib to use this.

On one QT forum i found:
http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/p-widgets-on-bottom-post47771/postcount4.html
But since i don't know much about C++ (and i don't care to learn it) is
hard for me to translate entirely to PyQT.

So i will see how i can handle this...

Anyway, thanks...

--
/Gustavo A. Díaz/
*GDNet Projects*

David Boddie escribió:
> On Friday 07 September 2007 10:04:56 -0300, Gustavo A. Díaz wrote:
>

>> Non help about this? :(:(
>>

> Apparently not. :-/
>

>> 2007/9/5, Gustavo A. Díaz <gustavo.diaz at gmail.com>:
>>

>>> I was searching a lot and playing around with setFlags to my mainWindow
>>> to make possible two things:
>>>
>>> - I want to disable my app to be placed on the taskbar/kicker/whatever
>>> when i execute it, cause i do not use minimize function (like an applet
>>> style)
>>> - I want this window to be always on bottom of all the rest of the
>>> windows/apps (again, like an applet Style)
>>>
>>> What did I've tested?
>>>
>>> - To disable the window from being in the task bar, I've tested 2 flags:
>>>
>>>     *One is the QtCore.Qt.Dialog, which does not do what i want, indeed
>>> does nothing... my app still is available to minimize by the user.
>>>     *Second, I've tested this time with
>>> QtCore.Qt.X11BypassWindowManagerHint which do what i want, the app.
>>> disappear from the taskbar but the window stay always on top. So this
>>> conflict with the first thing i want that is to put the app always on
>>> bottom of all windows/apps.
>>>

> I don't think you should be using either of these. Have you tried the
> Window Flags example? There should be a Python version of this supplied
> with PyQt4, but there's a C++ version you can run instead.
>

>>> - To place the app always on bottom: I don't know how to do this.
>>>

> I'm not sure about this, either. Perhaps setting the Qt.Desktop window
> flags will do what you want. Having said that, I don't know what will
> happen if there is a desktop window already present.
>
> David

/Gustavo A. Díaz/
*GDNet Projects*
www.gdnet.com.ar <http://www.gdnet.com.ar>