[PyQt] PyKDE4 Update

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Sep 3 17:48:42 BST 2007

On 03.09.07 09:14:23, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> Simon Edwards has gotten PyKDE4 in shape to go into KDE's SVN repository, so
> it should eventually begin appearing in KDE betas and release candidates. I'm
> not sure if it will make it into beta2, which is planned for this week, but
> it should appear in subsequent KDE releases.

I don't think it will, tagging was done last wednesday/thursday and
tarballs were created thursday as well - AFAIK. Not a big deal though,
as the beta phase got extended anyway.

> The module lineup is about the same as PyKDE3, with a few changes. kfile has
> been rolled into the kio module, kabc/kresource are dropped, kmdi no longer
> exists, kspell is now in kdecore/kdeui as Sonnet, the solid module has been
> added, along with (tentatively) two modules that allow scripting plugins for
> the Kate editor.

Just out of curiosity: Does PyKDE4 also work without GUI/X11 when one
restricts himself to kdecore module? (I suspect so, but wanted to make
sure)

Thanks for the great work (also to Simon), I suspect I might get back to
PyQt4/PyKDE4 hacking sooner, now that I've got the full KDE power at my
hands :)

Andreas

PS: great work as in: having PyKDE4 ready for the 4.0 release, I didn't
yet check it out, but the svn co is already running :)

--
You have a will that can be influenced by all with whom you come in contact.