[PyQt] Need Help Wrapping WebKit

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Tue Jul 17 00:01:33 BST 2007

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 07:15:29 -0400, Rob Knapp wrote:

> But, now I've hit my first snag.  I'm trying to wrap WebKitQt up for use in
> the project, and following the example at riverbankcompting.com/Docs,
> (which looks like it was written for qt3, since
> I couldn't find qt/qtmod.sip....) I
> have come up with something that compiles....

I found it easier to look at an existing project. Maybe it's time for
some more documentation about this.

> but when I try to import I get:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> ImportError: ./libQtWebKit.so: undefined symbol:
> _ZN8QWebPage11qt_metacastEPKc

This looks like moc should have been used to process a header file, but
wasn't. It's not easy to say how you can fix this without knowing more
about WebKitQt's build process and the one for your own wrappers.
Does WebKit come with test and examples that you can use to check that
it actually works as expected?

I know you included a link to the WebKit Wiki, but I don't have the time
to build it myself.

[Information about the build process.]

> Now, this seems to compile and link just fine...
> and all the world seems to be sunshine and roses...
> until I start a python interpreter and try to import,
> and I get the error message above.
>
> I would appreciate any help or advice on getting this
> code actually usable.

If you put your code somewhere, the people on this list who are both
interested in WebKit and SIP experts can take a look at it.

David (neither a WebKit expert nor a SIP expert)