[PyKDE] Re: too much code generated by QtDesigner for color change

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Wed Feb 28 00:29:07 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 05:40, Tony Cappellini wrote:

> I've just installed 4.2.2 and I still see this problem.
> Andreas, are you using Windows ?
>
> Should I submit a bug report or not?
>
> > http://www.trolltech.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?method=entry&i
> >d=141350

It looks like it's been fixed, but that the fix won't arrive until Qt 4.3.
I don't think submitting another bug report is going to make that much
difference in this case, so perhaps we need to find a workaround.

I suppose the problem in Designer could be the result of differences between
styles on each platform. If this is the case, it might be worth playing with
widget style sheets if you're prepared to make Qt 4.2 the minimum version of
Qt that your application depends on:

  http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/stylesheet.html

For example, you can set the background colour of a particular push button in
a form to red by changing its styleSheet property to this:

  QPushButton { background-color: #ff0000 }

It's not ideal, but at least the generated code won't be so long.

David