[PyKDE] Keeping the GUI from freezing

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 18:12:47 GMT 2007

My Gui is calling another Python script which is doing a lot of file I/O.
Because of this the GUI freezes until that app returns.

I've called that app using a python thread, but I still need a way to
refresh the GUI so it doesn't hang.

I've looked at the QAssistant API for QThreads, but I don't see what
I'm looking for, so I'm probably in the wrong place.

The Python examples which use threads (threads\semaphores.py,
threads\waitconditions.py) don't show how to refresh a GUI or keep it
from hanging.

Does anyone have a Python example of how to use a Thread to keep a gui
from becoming unresponsive?