[PyQt] QtGui.QSessionManager: Syntax

Chris Giles chris.g.27 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 10:22:45 GMT 2007

> > I want to use "QSessionManager" in my PyQt4 application, so that it will
> be
> > reloaded when the user logs back into KDE.  I've tried all of the
> following
> > without success.
> >
> >    - QtGui.QApplication.saveState ( QtGui.QSessionManager() )
> >    - aMain.saveState( QtGui.QSessionManager() )
> >    - smCurrent = QtGui.QSessionManager()
> >
> > The error message I receive in each case is as follows.
> >
> >    - TypeError: QtGui.QSessionManager cannot be instantiated or
> >    sub-classed
> >
> > I searched on the web for this but found nothing of much use.  Can
> someone
> > please explain how to use "QSessionManager" from within a PyQt4
> > application?
>
> http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/session.html

Thanks, that tells me how to do it in Qt4.  What I also need is for someone
to explain how to do it in PyQt4, since "QSessionManager cannot be
instantiated or sub-classed", as noted above.

At some stage, it's looking like I'll need to use "QSessionManager" and none
of the above methods work in PyQt4.  I'm hoping someone can supply me with
syntax that will work in PyQt4, rather than Qt4.

If I'm missing the point here, feel free to slap me around with a frozen
trout or preferred substitutionary implement :-).