[PyQt] EuroPython 2007

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sat Apr 21 19:57:44 BST 2007

This year the EuroPython conference will be held in Vilnius, Lithuania from
Monday 9th July to Wednesday 11th July. See the following pages on the
official Web site for more information:

  http://www.europython.org/sections/location
  http://www.europython.org/sections/location/travel

The call for proposals and abstracts for EuroPython 2007 was recently
published, and it should now be possible to submit abstracts:

  http://www.europython.org/sections/tracks_and_talks/call-for-proposals

Information about the conference is also available on the conference's
administrative site, kindly hosted by CERN (last year's host institution):

  http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=13919

Last year's conference at CERN was widely regarded as a success - Alan Kay's
keynote, in particular, was very well received. Many of the speakers took
the time to make their slides available to non-participants, either during
the conference or shortly afterwards.

I had considered submitting another proposal for a talk this year because I
felt giving a talk on PyQt4 last year was a worthwhile experience, even if
it was made more stressful by problems with airlines, airports and their
baggage (mis)handling facilities. However, I don't think I really have enough
time to make a decent talk, so I expect I'll participate in other conference
activities instead: there are open spaces and lightning talk sessions
planned.

Has anyone else considered going and maybe giving a talk on something related
to PyQt/PyKDE?

David