[PyKDE] [PyQt3] QSpinWidget derived widgets

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Sat Oct 28 11:20:23 BST 2006

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 4:59 pm, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Hi Phil et.al.,
>
> attached is an example, what can be done within PyQt, if QSpinWidget is
> made available. I know, your policy is: don't wrap internal Qt classes, but
> this one may deserve an exception for these reasons:
>  - the risk, that Trolltech will change these interfaces in Qt3 is next to
>    zero
>  - the cost for you is minimal, given that you assimilate my
> qspinwidget.sip (well, since QSpinWidget is defined in qrangecontrol.h, it
> would perfectly fit into sip/qt/qrangecontrol.sip IMHO)
>    The only caveat in this area is, that I may not gotten the versioning
>    right.. It's just <%If (Qt_3_0_0 -) .. %End> ATM..
>  - It's not possible to fully explore Pythons advantages within e.g. custom
>    QSpinBox derived widgets since its unfortunate integer range limitation.

Sorry, but "not wrapping internal classes" is a nice easily understood
statement of policy. I don't want to open the doors to other more contentious
requests.

Of course, if you persuaded Trolltech to make it public (after all it's only
seems to be a documentation issue) that would be a different matter...