[PyKDE] python 2.5 and pyKDE (was: compile error for pyqt)

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Thu Nov 23 22:45:01 GMT 2006

On Thursday 23 November 2006 22:44, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> On Thursday 23 November 2006 09:48, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 11:05:19PM +0000, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > > When compiling pyqt 3 (3.16)  with sip 4.5 I get an error
> > > sip: QColor::rgb() has overloaded functions with the same Python
> > > signature
> > Google found the fix being that I just needed pyqt 3.17.
> > However now I'm having a problem compiling pykde with python 2.5.
> > Python 2.4 works fine but 2.5 fails complaining about not being able
> > to convert int*.
> > Error at
> > http://kubuntu.org/~jriddell/tmp/pykde.text
>
> The type Py_ssize_t isn't defined in Python 2.4. I don't have Python 2.5
> anywhere at the moment, so I can't tell if a long term fix is possible
> without some conditional code for Python 2.5 (don't know what type
> Py_ssize_t
> is).

This email contains some recommendations for dealing with this:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-September/068944.html

Basically convert the ints to Py_ssize_t, and then typedef a Py_ssize_t for
compatibility with Python 2.4. Pretty straight forward.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/