[PyKDE] The old PyKDE SourceForge site

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sat Mar 25 23:04:40 GMT 2006

On Saturday 25 March 2006 11:30, David Boddie wrote:
> I've been thinking about ways to share and distribute code for PyQt and
> PyKDE, both for various low-level projects and for higher-level components.
>
> Initially, I wanted to use the PyQt Wiki
> (http://www.diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki) to share code and design ideas, but it
> seems like it's really only useful to put code examples and snippets on
> there rather than works in progress.
>
> Remembering that there is a PyKDE project on SourceForge where packages
> for various Linux distributions can be found, I took another look at the
> home page (http://pykde.sourceforge.net/) and wondered whether it's about
> time it was updated.
>
> Of course, a lot has happened since it was created: the Riverbank site
> hosts documentation and links to articles elsewhere, and the Wiki is
> slowly being filled with resources. I wonder whether the site needs to be
> updated, even if it just links to the more actively-maintained sites.
>
> Although Jonathan and Jim are the project admins for the site, this isn't
> a suggestion that they need to spend time working on it. It's more of an
> offer to help improve it, hopefully with some suggestions from other
> PyQt and PyKDE users.
>
> Personally, I'd like somewhere to be able to put larger PyQt-related
> projects, and maybe a central place where non-Wiki-style articles could be
> published.
>
> Does anyone else have opinions about these things?

I haven't seen Jonathan around in a while, and the sourceforge site isn't
getting any use. If you have a use for it and would like admin privileges, I
can set that up, I think, assuming I can get access (I think I can). I'm not
a good candidate for being the admin, and I get very poor performance and
problems with sourceforge over my satellite link.

Jim