[PyKDE] The old PyKDE SourceForge site

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sat Mar 25 19:30:07 GMT 2006

I've been thinking about ways to share and distribute code for PyQt and
PyKDE, both for various low-level projects and for higher-level components.

Initially, I wanted to use the PyQt Wiki (http://www.diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki)
to share code and design ideas, but it seems like it's really only useful
to put code examples and snippets on there rather than works in progress.

Remembering that there is a PyKDE project on SourceForge where packages
for various Linux distributions can be found, I took another look at the
home page (http://pykde.sourceforge.net/) and wondered whether it's about
time it was updated.

Of course, a lot has happened since it was created: the Riverbank site
hosts documentation and links to articles elsewhere, and the Wiki is
slowly being filled with resources. I wonder whether the site needs to be
updated, even if it just links to the more actively-maintained sites.

Although Jonathan and Jim are the project admins for the site, this isn't
a suggestion that they need to spend time working on it. It's more of an
offer to help improve it, hopefully with some suggestions from other
PyQt and PyKDE users.

Personally, I'd like somewhere to be able to put larger PyQt-related
projects, and maybe a central place where non-Wiki-style articles could be
published.

Does anyone else have opinions about these things?

David