[PyKDE] Introspection of qt classes

Edward Loper edloper at gradient.cis.upenn.edu
Mon Mar 20 23:55:00 GMT 2006

It appears that all classes in the Python "qt" module lie about what
module they come from:

 >>> import qt
 >>> qt.QUrl.__module__
'__main__'

As a result, programs that use introspection to learn about them can get
confused.  In particular, if the following module is given to epydoc
[1], then it generates documentation for everything class in qt, and
includes it in the output:

     from qt import *
     def f():
         """
         This function *should* be the only thing described in the
         output by epydoc.
         """

Any chance this could get fixed?  Just changing the string "__main__" to
"qt" in your c source at the right point(s) should do the trick.

-Edward

p.s., I looked for a bug tracker, but didn't find one; hopefully this is
the right place to ask.  Please cc me on any response, since I'm not
subscribed to this list.