[PyKDE] QtCore.Qt and QtGui.Qt

Sundance sundance at ierne.eu.org
Thu Mar 2 14:45:12 GMT 2006

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 02:01:35PM +0000, Phil Thompson wrote:

> As I said in another reply - I don't see the difference. Whether it's
> PyQt4.Qt rather than PyQt4.QtCore.Qt, the magic still has to happen
> when you import QtGui.

Well, I think the idea is that the Qt namespace would contain everything
it needs to, from all the PyQt modules, right from the start. I.e. even
if you only import QtCore, the Qt namespace would contain
WhiteSpaceMode and all. Always the same, no changes no matter what you
import and don't import. But as said, I understand that this may not be
easily feasible within the SIP/PyQt architecture (because, mind, I
don't know HOW the namespace is implemented there to start with. There
are a lot of people here who Know Their Shit like there's no tomorrow,
but I'm not one of them).

-- S.