[PyKDE] QtCore.Qt and QtGui.Qt

Sundance sundance at ierne.eu.org
Thu Mar 2 10:21:45 GMT 2006

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 09:46:03AM +0000, Phil Thompson wrote:

> The short answer is that the Python objects are placed in the module
> corresponding to the C++ library in which they are implemented.

Hmm, meaning that this:

---[ Code snippet ]----------------------------------------------------
from PyQt4.QtCore import Qt as Qt1
from PyQt4.QtGui import Qt as Qt2

if Qt1 is Qt2:
  print "The Force is strong with that one."
else:
  print "Wow, we might be having a structural problem of sorts there..."

... would actually not print out a cheap Star Wars statement regarding
PyQt?

Shouldn't the Qt namespace be common across all the modules? I
understand that's the case with the C++ version, isn't it?

With kind regards,

-- S.