[PyKDE] Eric: command line args with spaces in debugger

Robert Morrison orbert at orbert.net
Wed Mar 1 19:56:40 GMT 2006

Hi Detlev:

On Wednesday 01 March 2006 12:31, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I assume you mean the dialog that pops up, when you select the
> "Debug Script"
> action.

Yes.

> If this is correct I have to admit, that I cannot reproduce the
> problem over here.

Hm. Here's my test script:

  #!/usr/bin/env python
  import sys
  f = sys.argv
  print f

The assignment to f is because I couldn't figure out how
to examine sys.argv directly. When I step to line 4,
f shows up under the "Global variables" tab; expanding
it shows the same values that are printed at line "5":

['/somepath/test.py', '"hello', 'there"', 'dolly']

> Are you using the latest version (3.8.1)?

No; I've got 3.7.1. I'll upgrade and see if it behaves
the same way.

Thanks,
Robert