[PyKDE] PyQt4 and Qt 4.2 snapshot

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Thu Aug 31 13:32:04 BST 2006

On Thu Aug 31 14:01:32 MEST 2006, İsmail Dönmez wrote:

> I am getting a weird error with PyQt4 4.0 and Qt 4.2 snapshot:
>
> [~/PyQt-x11-gpl-4.0]> python configure.py -q /usr/bin/qmake-qt4
> Determining the layout of your Qt installation...
> Checking to see if the QtGui module should be built...
> An internal error occured.  Please report all the output from the program,
> including the following traceback, to support at riverbankcomputing.co.uk.

[...]

>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/sipconfig.py", line 1639, in
> build_command
>     build.append(self.required_string("CXX"))
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/sipconfig.py", line 786, in
> required_string
>     raise ValueError, "\"%s\" must have a non-empty value" % name
> ValueError: "CXX" must have a non-empty value
>
> Anyone saw this, any ideas?

Yes, there are some minor differences between the build systems for Qt 4.1
and the Qt 4.2 snapshot releases, and sipconfig needs to be taught about
them. See this message for more information:

http://mats.imk.fraunhofer.de/pipermail/pykde/2006-August/013935.html

Since only development snapshots are available for Qt 4.2, PyQt4 doesn't
yet support it. If you are enthusiastic enough to try to get them to work
together, you'll also need to make your own .sip files for the new classes,
and that these will become obsolete once PyQt4 supports them.

David