[PyKDE] pyQt/Qt 4.2/QDBus?

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Sat Aug 26 19:20:01 BST 2006

On Saturday 26 August 2006 6:52 pm, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> On Saturday 26 August 2006 13:01, Phil Thompson wrote:
> > On Saturday 26 August 2006 5:36 pm, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> > > What are the prospects of a pyQt release that supports Qt 4.2,
> > > including QDBus?
> >
> > The prospects are very good - once Qt 4.2 is released.
> >
> > > I am planning to integrate the Orca Screen Reader with KDE4 and such a
> > > pyQt release would be an essential component.  Thanks.
> >
> > Phil
>
> Thanks Phil.  How about an early alpha release?

Generally I don't support beta releases (where the API is supposed to be
fixed) and certainly don't support alpha releases or previews.

> As a SIP/PyQt newbie, what
> are chances I could build against Qt 4.2 myself?  What's involved?  I would
> need to write .sip files for QDBus?   Has anybody else started this work?
> (Need to start working on Orca integration ASAP).

Feel free to write the necessary .sip files - read the SIP documentation and
the existing PyQt4 .sip files. However I won't use anything you produce as I
have an automated method of generating .sip files.