[PyKDE] Cannot use KUniqueApplication with dcop

Danny Pansters danny at ricin.com
Thu Aug 24 00:53:27 BST 2006

On Wednesday 23 August 2006 23:58, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> I'm trying to make a KUniqueApplication accessible via dcop, but I'm
> getting the following error:
>
> dcop-testapp: ERROR: Communication problem with dcop-testapp, it probably
> crashed.
>
> If I change KUniqueApplication to KApplication, it works just fine. Does
> anyone know what's going on here? How can I debug this further?
>
> Attached small program illustrates the problem (It's mostly the same as in
> my previous post).

When I used KUniqueApplication I used somewhat different methods for the
appdata than you do, not all mentioned in the API may be supported by py-kde.
That may be a lead.

But the thing that stands out is that you never show() your mainwindow. It may
be implied by KApp but not by KUniqueApp (as this may already have an
instance running). Just a thought...

HTH,

Dan