[PyKDE] PyKDE and kipi plugins

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Aug 3 17:16:24 BST 2006

On Thursday 03 August 2006 05:49, Paul Waldo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm interested in using kipi plugins in my PyKDE application, but I'm
> unsure how to go about this.  Do I need to get the kipi source and
> SIPify it?  Thanks in advance!

It would depend on how you intend to use the plugins, but generally if your
intent is to use them as libs and otherwise pass data then it's most likely
you would need to do bindings for some kind of interface to the plugins. That
could mean binding the plugins themselves (at least their interface) or
writing bindings for a wrapper you write (in C++) that interfaces to the
plugin.

Jim