[PyKDE] Error running Eric3

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Sep 3 10:21:22 BST 2005

Am Samstag, 3. September 2005 03:57 schrieb Jean-Yves Avenard:
> Hello Detlev
>
> Thank you for your answer..
>
> On 03/09/2005, at 2:11 AM, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> > Change this line to read
> >     self.setSorting(2)
>
> Did this change fixed the issue thank you
>
> > This will be fixed in the next release. Please be aware, that eric3
> > 3.7.1 and
> > earlier will not work with PyQt 3.15.
>
> May I ask what will not work with PyQt 3.15? That's what I have
> installed on my machine, and so far I can't see anything not working.

During the development of PyQt 3.15 Phil changed his code so that a None
object is not converted to a QString.null or empty QString anymore. This
broke code within eric3 in several places. Unless Phil hasn't changed this
again for the final release of PyQt 3.15, the problem with eric3 3.7.1 and
earlier should occur very soon.

> I have tried to compile PyQt 3.14-1 just in case, but this one
> wouldn't compile against the version of Qt RedHat 9 is running.
>
> Cheers
> Jean-Yves
>
> ---
> Jean-Yves Avenard