[PyKDE] PyQt C API

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Fri Oct 21 23:51:11 BST 2005

On Thursday 20 October 2005 01:36, James Emerton wrote:
> I think you should be able to accomplish the same thing with
> straight-up SIP, and reduce the number of dependencies to boot.
> You can implement your code entirely in the .sip file, as well. (See

Sure. I should have mentioned the merits of this approach is my first email.
What you describe is exactly the approach I would use if this code was only
for me,

Another detail that I didnt mention is that this is for a proprietary
commercial application, so I have to think of the poor maintenance
programmer ;-) Right now we dont have any other code that uses the sip
translation tool.... writing the code in a .sip file would require adding an
extra tool to our build requirements, and introduce an extra hudle before
anyone could approach this code. The current solution (using the sip API from
a regular C extension module) is more approachable and more explainable. More
work for me up front, but less over the whole lifetime of this product.

--
Toby Dickenson

Important Notice:

This email and any attachments are confidential and may contain trade secrets or be legally privileged. If you have received this email in error you must not use, rely upon, disclose, copy or distribute the contents. Please reply to the sender so that proper delivery can be arranged and delete the email from your computer.
Gemini Data Loggers monitor incoming and outgoing email to ensure satisfactory customer service, maintain company security and prevent abuse of their email system. However, any views expressed in this email are not necessarily those of Gemini and Gemini cannot be held responsible for the content.
Gemini makes best efforts to ensure emails are virus free; however you are advised to carry out your own checks. Gemini does not accept responsibility for any damage resulting from email viruses.