[PyKDE] PyQt C API

James Emerton ephelon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 01:36:02 BST 2005

> This is the inner loop of the rendering code for a custom graph widget. The
> optimisation target isnt the PyQt code itself, but rather the next layer up,
> which calls PyQt. It will be much more convenient for this C (or C++, or
> pyrex) code to call the Qt C++ API directly.

Now, I've never touched Pyrex, so my understanding here may be a little wonky.

I think you should be able to accomplish the same thing with
straight-up SIP, and reduce the number of dependencies to boot.

You can implement your code entirely in the .sip file, as well. (See
%MethodCode)  The sip preprocessor will handle all the generation of
type conversion code for you.

James