[PyKDE] QString in PyQt4 - Request for Comments

James Emerton ephelon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 01:29:26 BST 2005

I'm very in favour of the automatic conversion of QStrings into native
Python strings.  I always thought that multiple string types was an
annoyance exclusive to C++.  I'm also not convinced that performance
is a compelling argument for the preservation of QString in Python.

See performance data: http://www.gotw.ca/gotw/045.htm

I guess it comes down to "who is the audience."  I've already got a
todo item in my list to implement QString as a mapped type in PyQt 3.
I'll likely end up doing same to QDate and its brethren.

James