[PyKDE] PyQt C API

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at devmail.geminidataloggers.co.uk
Wed Oct 19 12:43:31 BST 2005

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 18:02, Phil Thompson wrote:

> Or you can use the lower level sipConvertToCpp() which skips some error
> checking.

Thanks. One other problem is how to get the sipWrapperType pointer.... A sip
generated extension module gets these pointers via api_export_module, but
that is documented as a sip-private API.

The non-obvious answer (but easy once you know it) is that these
sipWrapperTypes are the same objects as stored in qt module python namespace.

Thanks again,

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 08:54, Giovanni Bajo wrote:

> I also think that the performance sensitive parts
> shouldn't have anything to do with PyQt in the first place. We use Pyrex
> exactly for this purpose, but the parts we optimize are far far far from the
> package which imports and uses PyQt.

This is the inner loop of the rendering code for a custom graph widget. The
optimisation target isnt the PyQt code itself, but rather the next layer up,
which calls PyQt. It will be much more convenient for this C (or C++, or
pyrex) code to call the Qt C++ API directly.

--
Toby Dickenson