[PyKDE] libqtc so problem

Stephen Miller stphnair at rcn.com
Fri Oct 7 13:04:12 BST 2005

Hi: I'm trying to run sourceforge's procedure for getting a Linux box (RH 9) to drive an HP series PSC 1300 printer. I'm at the point where I'm attempting to bring up the HP device manager by running "toolbox.py" in the HPLIB directory. I get an error message that states that the above-mentioned file has an unknown symbol, with no actual information about the symbol itself. The Python.org site suggests that this file may have been compiled with a 2-byte Unicode in lieu of the required 4-byte Unicode. I'm now looking for a version of this file that hopefully complies with this requirement, or, alternatively, a compilation procedure to create one. I'm fairly familiar with Unix/Linux, but not a true "software" type.
    Any info would be appreciated.
        Thanks,
        Stephen Miller