[PyKDE] Problem running pyqt4 on dapper

Jesse J. Wattenbarger jesse.j.wattenbarger at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 17:57:23 GMT 2005

Hello,

I was having the problem mentioned here:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=pykde&m=113348357906091&w=2

Commenting those lines out worked, but then I got a new undefined symbol:
omie at dagur:~/projects/PyQt4-gpl-snapshot-20051222/examples/tutorial$ python
./t1.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./t1.py", line 7, in <module>
    from PyQt4 import QtGui
ImportError: /home/omie/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/PyQt4/QtCore.so:
undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_GetDefaultEncoding

I can't seem to shake this.  Also of note, I started using a python snapshot
and that allowed me to avoid commenting out anything in the sip files and
prevented the previous undefined symbol (the one with QBitArray).  However,
I still get the PyUnicodeUCS4_GetDefaultEncoding error.

Any ideas?  I'm going to try to get a newer PyQt4 snapshot, and I'll see
what happens with that.

--