[PyKDE] Request for Testing

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Thu Aug 18 08:11:45 BST 2005

Although I planned to release the next versions of SIP, PyQt and
QScintilla this week, I've just made changes to SIP and PyQt that need
more testing. The changes are more intrusive than I would like at this
stage, but they are necessary for proper support for the cyclic garbage
collector.

I would appreciate it if as many people as possible could test the current
snapshots. I need to know about successful tests as well as unsuccessful
ones - just drop me a private email that says "it works for me". I won't
make the final releases until I'm sure it has had a reasonable amount of
testing.

I'm particularly interested in any tests that demonstrate memory leaks
(the changes are all related to object ownership issues). Also any
applications that make use of QWidget.reparent().

Thanks,