[PyKDE] Re: Problem finding and showing a record in a QDataBrowser

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Wed Aug 10 02:01:19 BST 2005

Jorge Godoy wrote:

> I have created an interface where I have a QDataBrowser and all of its
> editing and navigating controls and one of the displayed controls is in a
> QSpinBox.
>
> I have the navigation from current to next and previous records working
> fine if I only use the data browser controls.  I also can recover the
> correct record if I type in a valid code at the spin box.

Just to make the answer available to other that might have the same problem,
I had to deactivate the framework code and handle the cursor from the
databrowser manually.

It also fixed a performance problem since I only have one record fetched and
not all of them.  This makes the answer time linear (database dependant, of
course) no matter how many records I have on the database.

--
Jorge Godoy      <godoy at ieee.org>