[PyKDE] exported symbols - all or none?

Anthony Heading aheading at jpmorgan.com
Thu Apr 28 13:46:19 BST 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 10:51:41PM +0200, Gerard Vermeulen wrote:
> Why don't you compile and link your bolted-on code statically to your SIP
> generated Python extension?  For instance PyQwt does that to import two
> conflicting API's into the same SIP generated extensions.  But also to
> be independent of system wide dynamic link libraries.

Yes, that would work.

> I think you can still do the SIP equivalent of PyImport_Module and use
> the SIP generated headers for Qt (but you'd better be sure not to mix
> different versions).

Indeed.  Though I think confusing different versions of libraries even
when using the SIP %Import approach looks like it could lead to some
spectacular explosions too...

Thanks

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended
as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial
instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices,
data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and
do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries
and affiliates