[PyKDE] Problem resolving widget's class

Fredrik Juhlin laz at strakt.com
Tue Nov 2 13:59:18 GMT 2004

Hi,

In an attempt to show that I am not on drugs, I put together some test code to
prove that the problem actually exists :)

Unpack the tar.gz file attached to this mail and run the script "test.py".

It's a simple app that contains of a push button that when you push it creates
a form from test.ui using qt.QWidgetFactory.  It then finds all the widgets
in the form called "label_<something>" and sets the label's text to the
widget name. (The form consists of a lot of QLabels and not much else.)
If I push the button enough times, eventually I will get the error I've
previously described. If you don't feel like pushing the button as many times
as might be required to provoke the error, just check the "Auto-redraw'
checkbox and the form will be created 10 times/s.

I find that it often takes a couple of seconds before the error occurs when
using "auto-redraw", but I've had to wait for over a minute as well.
Sometimes, when it takes a long time to occur, I uncheck auto-redraw, hit the
button manually a few times and then turn auto-redraw on, and within seconds,
the error is there.

//Fredrik