[PyKDE] Problem with .desktop file being ignored.
seguso.forever at tin.it
Fri Jul 9 09:23:01 BST 2004
Hello again :-)
This may not be on topic, but on the kde-devel list I can get no help.
I need some information about how to install a KDE
application written in PyKDE. In particular, I need to know where to put
my .desktop file and my icon file. Unfortunately, none of the PyKDE examples
More precisely: my program creates a KApplication(argv, "logicaldesktop").
I assume this means that kde will look for a .desktop file containing
Name=logicaldesktop. So I created such a desktop file and put it in the
directory output by kde-config --install apps. In the desktop file, the icon
is specified: flag.png. Then I copied the icon to the path output by
kde-config --install icon.
When I run the program (logicaldesktop.py), it runs, but the application has
no icon, and on the title bar there is the string "Logical Desktop -
unknown". This means, I guess, that my desktop file was not found or ignored.
What can I do?
My guesses are:
1) Must I copy the executable to the dir kde-config --install exe, or can I
execute it from anywhere?
2) my executable is called logicaldesktop.py file. Is that the problem?
3) Must the .desktop have a precise name? currently it is called
4) Must I invoke some command to have kde reparse the directory containing
the .desktop files?
5) Is there something wrong with my .desktop file?
Comment=A desktop environment featuring narrowing
Sorry for bothering, but I am really lost here.
More information about the PyQt