[review] [PyKDE] SuSE 9.0 PyKDE 3.8 rc 2 MAKE error....

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Jan 27 05:08:00 GMT 2004

On Monday January 26 2004 15:01, Greg Hypta wrote:

> sip/kaboutapplication.sip:198: error:
> `sipClass_QXEmbed' undeclared (first use this
> function)

> As far as i know ive never compiled python so i have
> no idea on how to go about this. This is on SuSE 9.0
> Kernel 2.4.21-166-athlon (special) and KDE 3.1.4, PyQT
> is ver 3.8 if you need anymore infoo just let me know
> ill be happy to provide it. I just want this
> compiled... Thanks in advance,

In PyKDE/sip/kaboutapplication.sip, comment out any line that
contains QXEmbed (as sipClass_QXEmbed) - it's a bug in that sip
file. Then run build.py again before re-running make.

I believe that's the only bug in that release, but I'm not sure
(it's an older release, but as long as that's what you have, I'd
stick with it; the final release has some installation bugs as
well).

Jim