[PyKDE] build problems.

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sat Jan 17 00:44:01 GMT 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:38:17, Dan Keshet wrote:

> I'm running debian with standard .debs for all the packages except pyKDE.
> Output below.   Any help would be much appreciated.

[...]

>   File "build/discover.py", line 608, in discoverQt3
>     self.qtIncl = DiscoverQt3Incl ("qglobal.h", [os.path.join
> (self.qt.path, "include"), qtInclDir])
>   File "build/discover.py", line 202, in __init__
>     Discover.__init__ (self, target, searchPath)
>   File "build/discover.py", line 45, in __init__
>     self.search (target, searchEntry)
>   File "build/discover.py", line 58, in search
>     if os.path.isdir (searchEntry)\
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/posixpath.py", line 187, in isdir
>     st = os.stat(path)
> TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, list found

I glanced at this problem yesterday, but I've been waiting for the list
digest to arrive before answering. My guess is that line 608 of
build/discover.py should read:

        self.qtIncl = DiscoverQt3Incl ("qglobal.h", [os.path.join
(self.qt.path, "include")] + qtInclDir)

The above is all one line. Before, the qtInclDir (a list) is stored within a
list, and this gets as a string later on (at line 58) with disastrous
consequences.

Hope this helps (and that I've made a correct diagnosis),

David