[PyKDE] pyKDE / KPIM libraries

Joachim Werner joe at suse.de
Fri Dec 17 11:33:14 GMT 2004

Jim Bublitz schrieb:

> I haven't looked at all at KMail - do you know which KDE source package that
> lib is bundled with (would save me some digging)? If there are KPIM libs that
> handle the address book stuff at a higher level than KABC (which is part of
> kdelibs), it would help to know that too.

Most of the stuff (except for libkabc) is in the kdepim package:

http://download.kde.org/stable/3.3.2/src/kdepim-3.3.2.tar.bz2

The pim libraries are broken down into various separate shared libaries.
Many of them just implement specific plugins for a certain groupware or
protocol, e.g.

libkabc_grouwise
libkabc_opengroupware
libkcal_groupware
etc.

I don't think that one would need bindings for all of those, except for
very special cases.

Cheers

Joachim

--