[PyKDE] Status of panel applets?

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Fri Aug 27 23:04:40 BST 2004

On Friday 27 August 2004 23:17, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> On Friday 27 August 2004 12:35, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> > What is the current status of panel applets?
> That's a good question. Between David, Simon and myself, none of us has
really
> taken charge of getting panel applets (and related stuff like KParts,
> IOSlaves,  Control Center modules) packaged up. I know I simply haven't had
> time to get back to it, and I suspect that's the case with David and Simon
> too.

I've been steadily working on Control Center modules. I'm quite happy with
where it is now. It's working well. I've got 4 CC modules here, and
everything gets built in my setup.py script. You specify for distutil's setup
function the name of your program and it's .desktop file. Everything gets
automatically built (stubs etc) and installed from the info in the .desktop
file.

My setup.py script is the most tested and complete part of my project so
far. :-) I wish I could say the same for the modules that I'm working on.

My setup.py code is probably a good base for other plugins etc.

If anyone wants to see what I have here, then let me know.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/