[PyKDE] ANNOUNCING PyQwt-sip34_20020807 - some problems on Win32

Kaleb Pederson kibab at icehouse.net
Thu Sep 19 16:54:01 BST 2002

On Thursday 19 September 2002 01:01 am, Phil Thompson wrote:
> > I am happy to send you the the binary PyQwt windows installer and zip
> > builds for the Qt3.0.5 commercial if you want to put them on your
> > website. For a binary-only release, according the the commercial qt
> > license,  I see no problem with sending you also the qt-mt305.dll
> > (without the souce of course) so you can run and test the commercial
> > version of the  win32 PyQwt package yourself.
>
> Then you need to read your Qt license more closely. Gerard would then
> become a developer as far as Trolltech (and I) were concerned and would
> need a commercial Qt license (and a commercial PyQt license of course).
>
> When I've been in this situation in the past, it's been done with me being
> given a remote login to the "donor's" development system, and I've asked
> for confirmation in writing that the "donor" has the necessary Qt
> commercial license in place.
>
> Phil

I haven't yet had to worry about it, but how is a release typically done that
uses PyQt?  To include the dll and a pyqt build makes them a developer so
that won't work.

In C++ I presume you would just statically compile the parts of qt that were
necessary into your application?  Is there a way that you can statically
compile the necessary parts of Qt into PyQt?  Even if that were so, it
doesn't seem like that would stop them from using the parts that were
compiled in should they install Python?

--Kaleb