[PyKDE] PYSIGNAL, QLIstItem

Rune Hansen rune.hansen at sinsenveien83.com
Thu Oct 31 02:52:01 GMT 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 22:24, Ingo Krabbe wrote:
> I think you mean QListViewItem and QListView. I cannot find a
> documentation for QListItem or QListItemView in Qt Documentation, so I
> don't think that such classes exists, though you might have created such
> on your own...
>
> The Qt signal/slot mechanism, that is used by PYSIGNALS too, is bound to
> QObject classes.  You can define signals and slots ONLY for QObject
> subclasses.  I think all 'item' classes of the Qt Library are plain
> classes that don't inherit QObject.  The main reason for this is
> optimization, since an QObject is a quite heavy weight multipurpose
> utility, which has very much attributes such as fonts, colors or even
> whole own palettes etc.  The only way to define signal slot mechanism
> for your TreeView items is to define signals and slots for your
> TreeView that contains the items.
>
> BYE INGO
Uhm..yes. You are of course right. The classes I refer to are QListView
and QListViewItem. I should probably have gotten it right the first time
as it makes my question easier to understand :-)
As for the rest of your answer: I thought I was trying to do just
that..just not succeeding..

Anyway, thanks for your time.

/rune
"Engineering does not require science. Science helps a lot but people
built perfectly good brick walls long before they knew why cement
works."
--Allan Cox