[PyKDE] SuSE 8.1 RPMS - not yet (due to segfaults)

Marc Schmitt littlewisp at gmx.net
Sun Oct 6 12:22:01 BST 2002

On Sonntag, 6. Oktober 2002 09:02, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Perhaps the only possible solution, short of getting SuSE to fix their Qt,
> is to package a correct Qt, too -- when I compiled Qt myself all my
> problems vanished. Of course, now I've got problems with the KDE styles
> packaged by SuSE, since they demands SuSE's compilation of Qt, not my own
> :-(.

How did you compile qt3 yourself ? Via extracting the original copy from the
src.rpm/net or by simply rebuilding the .src.rpm delivered by SuSE ?

I'm just browsing through their specfile/patches and see they've got plenty of
them, namely :

Patch0:       pre-3.0.6.dif
Patch1:       shut-up.dif
Patch2:       fast-malloc.dif
Patch4:       no-windows-behaviour-in-scrollbars.dif
Patch5:       qt3-noundefined.patch
Patch9:       fix-qtoolbar-hidden.dif
Patch11:      plugin-path.dif
Patch12:      qtrc_env.dif
Patch13:      qt3-PR16188-transparent-printout.diff
Patch14:      qt3-gb18030.diff
Patch15:      fix-dnd.dif
Patch64:      qt3-lib64.diff

So probably the problem is caused by one of the patches applied, but why is
PyQt 3.3.4 working then, at least from their builds ? Have there been any
significant changs within the PyQt code ?

:?

-Marc