[PyKDE] designer, pyuic and QBoxLayout

greg Landrum greglandrum at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 9 01:16:31 BST 2002

I've run across a problem with pyuic and designer which is either serious
user error or a nasty bug in pyuic.  I love these situations.   :-)

When setting up simple dialog boxes using BoxLayouts, the code generated by
pyuic adds an extra QWidget that results in the guts of the dialog not
resizing with the window.  This widget (named LayoutWidget) is used as the
parent of all objects in the main dialog.  The net result is that resizing
the dialog does not end up resizing the guts of the dialog.

I've attached a sample .ui file (essentially a blank template for a dialog
with buttons along the bottom from designer) and a patched up version of
the output from pyuic to demonstrate the problem.  I left all the original
code from pyuic in there, I just commented out the bad bits.

Is this a known problem or have I screwed up badly?

In case it matters, I'm using PyQt 3.1rc2 under Linux.  If this has been
fixed in the actual release, I apologize and I'll upgrade immediately.

-greg