[PyKDE] Looking for input

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Oct 28 02:05:37 GMT 2001

With the first pass at PyKDE2 nearly complete, I'm looking for any
input regarding what people would like to see in future releases of
PyKDE2. That means, what additional KDE libs supported, if any, or
things that would make PyKDE2 easier/more attractive to use,
documentation improvements or anything else that comes to mind.
I'm not saying I'll do any of this, but I'm very open to
suggestions.

My wish list is:

1. More libs - working on kparts/khtml/DOM, kspell, kab
2. More up to date - will be working on that following (1)
3. More timely releases - I've been working on some tools to
accomplish that, and while they're of the stone ax variety, they're
helping to cut down development time (but of course I have to spend
time fixing the tools then too :( ) That will also make it easier
to make some small improvements to the docs.

I'd like some help with:

1. Better/more examples or program templates to make it easier to
get PyKDE2 apps going. I'm not that knowledgable on a lot of the
KDE components - DCOP, KParts, khtml, etc., and would like some good
examples if some of you can contribute.

2. Test code, especially for the handwritten parts of PyKDE2 -
there is a small test program in the ../test subdir that could be
extended, and it certainly can be improved on.

I'd prefer to see suggestions (and bug reports too) on the mailing
list, so others can participate/contribute.

Thanks

Jim