[PyKDE] gears demo segfault

Tad Thurston thurston at spock.wdtinc.com
Wed Oct 24 18:48:39 BST 2001

Hi all,

I am rather a newbie at Python, but I would like to start focusing my
development there using the PyQt module.  I am using debian, but the deb
package did not install a qtgl library, so I compiled the sip 2.5 and
PyQt sources myself.  Everything went ok, except that I had to hand-edit
the makefiles to include -lqt-gl (that's the debian name for the OpenGL
Qt extension) along with -lqt.  All the demos run fine, but when I
include

from qtgl import *

then I get a segfault (like in the gears examples).  I am new to python,
so I don't know how to go about finding out where the problem is.  Any
help would be appreciated.  I am using Linux with the latest 1.541
NVidia drivers.  All my other OpenGL apps run fine.

Please cc me on replies, since I haven't received the notification that I'm
subscribed to the list.  Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Tad R. Thurston
Research Scientist
thurston at wdtinc.com