[PyKDE] QFile (QT3) method name errors ("is abstract")

Andreas Gerstlauer gerstl at ics.uci.edu
Wed Oct 17 20:52:15 BST 2001

Hi!

I am using the latest CVS checkout of PyQT & sip (as of today)
together with the just released Qt 3.0.0 final here.
I am having a proble with the QFile class. If I use the readBlock()
method (similar errors apply to readLine(), too - didn't test
others), I get the following error:
  "NameError: QFile.readBlock() is abstract and must be overridden"
It seems that PyQt is not correctly calling the overloaded readBlock()
in QFile but rather the one inherited from QIODevice - and that one
is abstract (and virtual).
I don't know sip/PyQt too well but when I checked qfile.sip, readBlock()
is not declared virtual there - does this matter?!
Anyway, is there a quick way to fix this?

Andreas